Wednesday, July 21, 2010

It's been almost 3 weeks?!?!?!

It's been almost 3 weeks since my last post?! Holy crap. I'm usually good for at least one post per week, if not two! Well, I should go on vacation more often! First of all, we had a blast. It's always an awesome time when I can hang out with my kids with no other responsibilities on my plate. Soooo relaxing. The other reason I should go on vacation more often is because we got a property under contract! This one is NOT a HUD but was listed with an auction company. They did not allow any contingencies when submitting offers so it had to be cash and inspected prior to my offer. We submitted the offer one week before my vacation and we knew the following week that the bank was in the process of accepting it. Yippee! We are using a private lender to fund this transaction. This will be the first time we're using a private lender so should be interesting. However, our private lender has been through the process before so she will most likely teach me a thing or two!! Our closing is scheduled for August 17th.

We were scheduled to close on the "water house" today but it has been delayed. Urgh! The appraiser swore up and down that he would get to the house on July 5th but ended up not going through until a week later. I did not follow up with the appraiser because I thought that was the banks job since they ordered it. However, I found out that banks can no longer have any contact with the appraisers whatsoever. They order the appraisal through an online system that rotates companies and the lender never has any contact. Of course if I had known this I would have made sure he was in the house earlier. At any rate, he took pictures of the roof (which the buyer knows needs replacing) and the underwriting dept wants it replaced prior to closing. The buyer is still paying for it but now we're delayed at least 10 days. Not too big a deal but it would have been nice to get this one off my plate. The buyer reeeeaaally wants the house but he is a nervous nelly and everything gets him anxious. I just want it done! Hopefully the roofer will get out there tomorrow, the appraiser will hopefully get out early next week (I'll be calling for sure!), and then it needs to get commited through underwriting. So that's that!

We got an offer on the A-Hole house. I'm totally out of the loop but I think, if I'm lucky, I will just about break even on the house. The co-owner will make some money so that's good. I'll be glad when this one is off my plate too.

The KISS flipping seminar was cancelled... : ( I'm not really sure why? I think they only had a handful of people sign up so he is rescheduling for some time in September. I'm committed to going again and I'm really looking forward to it! I was given access to the KISS members area so I've been listening to the 4 modules on my way to/from work. They are awesome and when he explains his philosophies (on almost everything) he is stating my thoughts exactly. I think that is why I like him so much. Actually this is probably why I haven't posted in so long. I've been trying to study the mls the way he teaches. I'm trying to determine my opportunity markets. To me, it's hard. I haven't really determined mine yet. There are a couple areas I already know but nothing pops up too often in those areas and when they do I'm all over them. So I've been researching other areas. I haven't found anything all that appealing yet. I'm still searching though.

What else? Still making offers like a crazy person. Last Friday my son and I went through 8 houses (he was a trooper!) and submitted on only one right now. I'm really hoping to get this one and make it a KISS flip. The offer went in today so hopefully we'll hear something by Friday. I also submitted on 5 HUD's yesterday. One counter is getting really close so I may have my inspector go out there. Another is a property on a lake with a pier. We are still quite a bit apart but there haven't been other offers on it so I'm going to watch and keep at it!

Private Money... I have 2 more people interested in lending on my properties. Yeah! They are in the process now of moving funds to a SD IRA. Yet another reason to get another property under contract! Not to mention I still have to put my IRA funds to good use!!

Non-REI: No work-outs since before vacation and been afraid to get on the scale. See how easy it is for me to fall out of a routine!?!?! I'm going to start up again though. I'm feeling icky!

This Friday me and the girls are going to 6 Flags Great America. They are sooo excited and I'm looking forward to it too!!

Gotta run. Hope everyone has a good week/weekend and we'll talk next week!!

3 comments:

Shae said...

Great updates, Eileen! You're on a roll, honey. Hope you all had a blast at Six Flags!

Eileen-WI said...

Six Flags was awesome! My 5 year old is a little thrill seeker. She would have gone on ALL the roller coasters if she was tall enough!! heehee.

Anonymous said...

Real Estate is having a big part on the business world, on real estate, selling is not as easy as eating peanuts, you need to have the guts, proper marketing and being honest on what you are selling but definitely real estate is really a great investment because it gives a lot of opportunity.Brainard Ridge Realty is a full-service real estate brokerage and development company, specializing in Timberframe and Custom Log Homes. http://www.brainardridge.com