Tuesday, May 25, 2010

It's been a while...

How're things going?! Well, we finally closed on the Evansville property that had the initial contract fall through, put it under contract again and then delayed 2 weeks till closing. FINALLY we closed! We made about $5k less than we would have from the first contract but I just wanted it closed and we netted somewhere around $12k, not bad!?! We bought this property waaaay back in February so we've had it for 3 months. That is too long for me, even though it was under contract most of that time - ha, ha.

No new properties under contract but I can just feel one coming down the pike. I mentioned in my last post that the 3 properties I've been watching had price reductions. One sold last week to an o/o. It's the one I loved but needed a lot of work. The other 2 I was able to put offers on yesterday and I'm waiting for my counters today. There are also 2 condos in a nice subdivision on the WI/IL border that had price reductions. I'm thinking of taking a look this weekend?! Since my other 2 L/O candidates were sold I'm thinking these might be something to look at? We'll see. There are a couple others I'm watching too but nothing close enough to even mention : )

Let's see.... we're still trying to get the water out of the basement at the "Water House". At this point HUD is supposed to turn on the utilities (I've never done this before) and I'm getting it inspected. Once the electric is on everyone says the sump pump will get rid of the water and we'll need to see if it there are any major problems. I'm not anticipating any! I have the plumber scheduled for Thursday so hopefully we'll be getting an answer then.

I think that's it for Real Estate. Seems a little slow but, again, I'm hoping to get at least one, if not two, properties under contract real soon!!

Non-REI related: I got back in the groove of working out. Last week I weighed in at 148.5, which I am happy with (at least I didn't gain again)! I did not measure myself but will be doing that this week. I feel like I can keep up with the dvd's better, I feel stronger, I've been eating better but I still have a long way to go. I'm keeping at it and am on week 4 of the videos (should be week 5 if I didn't get lazy). I'm shooting for being under 140 by the 4th of July... what do you think? I'm going to try!

Also, a couple months ago I brilliantly suggesting doing a garden this year. Hmmm, I've never done a garden before, have no idea what is involved but thought the kids would like it. Well it is hard work people. We had the area tilled this past weekend, last night I was clearing out the remaining sod and breaking up soil. My back is killing me. Who thought this was a good idea?? ha, ha. Actually, the girls are loving it so I just can't wait until everything starts growing!!

Okay, I gotta run so everyone have a good rest of the week!

No comments: