Friday, May 14, 2010

Delayed closing... again.

Happy Friday everyone!! How did everyone's week go? Mine... not so good but not so bad either!

We have no new properties under contract but there were 3 that came down in price. I'm hoping to snag one some time in the very near future! I'm also planning on using private money to fund the transaction.

The closing that was scheduled to close today was postponed another week. Yuck! However, it looks like the closing next week is pretty solid. I can wait another week to get paid! Patience is key in this business, right?

I went into the property we got under contract last week (we'll call it the "water house" from here on out) and the water was still in the basement. Obviously they never got it pumped out. I told my realtor if they didn't get it pumped out I was bailing. I truly do not think this is a big issue but I can't have water in a basement for another 2 months and not know how much more is coming in (if any). Frustrating. According to HUD they are waiting to get an electric bill resolved, turning the electric on, getting the water pumped out and keeping the sump pump running. I also want them, or me, to get a dehumidifier in there to lessen the dampness. This is the ideal situation...

Non REI related: I only worked out ONCE this week. I'm so mad at myself! Monday night I got a stomach bug and literally could not work out Tuesday morning. This led in to Weds, Thurs, Fri, etc. I am a terrible creature of habit. But, I'm dusting myself off and starting again. This is a non-negotiable thing for me, I need to lose some weight. What did I lose at the end of last week (I did not mention on my last post)? U humm, I gained .5lbs so up to 150. This is the end of last week, before I stopped working out. That sucked. However, I did lose another .1" on my waist and .5" on my hips. I did not lose inches anywhere else... weird.

So, that's that. I need to push on with everything and get MOVING!!! Hope everyone has a good weekend!!

No comments: