Monday, May 10, 2010

Fridays Closing

Happy Monday everyone! And a happy belated Mothers Day to all you wonderful women out there who make the world go round!! I had a craaaazy busy weekend. Friday we worked around the house when I got home from work. Saturday morning we had to be up early to drive down to my nephews bday party in IL. Saturday night I spent the night at my folks which was very nice. We had cocktails with my brother and sister in law, laughed and had a good time. Sunday we had to drive downtown Chicago for Dave's family and sat in traffic for 45 minutes. Nope, I don't miss the city at all! Then we had to drive home from the city back to WI last night. Urrgh... lots of driving but it was nice seeing everyone!

Okay, on the RE front. We had 1 successful closing last week. The other closing is pushed off until this Friday. Quite frankly I'm not really sure if it will close this week either? We didn't have the signed cash offer for the property (which is our backup for now) so I didn't feel like I had a choice in signing the amendment for extending the closing. Again, I'm keeping positive thoughts and hope it will close for both the buyer and mysef. The buyer has put a lot of money out there for inspections/appraisals and I know she really wants the house. So here's to both of us getting what we want *fingers crossed*!!

Still putting offers out there. I have a feeling (whenever I say that the Black Eyed Peas start singing in my head) something more is going to pop soon. The properties I've been watching have been out there for a while so they should be coming down in price soon. The property I was initially thinking of L/O'ing probably would not be a good candidate - too much work. There is another property that I'm looking to get at $20k, put in $10k for fix ups, which would seem more profitable for a L/O. There is a 2nd property that has been listed for a couple months that I may go after for a L/O too. This one I will try to get for $15k, put in $15k and have another $30k loan. It all sounds good in my head/paper but we'll see how it plays out in real life.

I think that's it for now. Hope everyone has a good week!!

2 comments:

Shae said...

Glad you enjoyed the weekend, Eileen and congrats on knocking out one of those closings!

Eileen-WI said...

Thanks Shae! I was very happy to have at least one close. Hopefully we'll close the other this Friday. Always a waiting game...