Friday, February 5, 2010

Interesting week...

So, I didn't hear back from the private money inquiry email as of today Friday, 2/5 @ 10:15 : ) I sent a follow up email to see if he had any questions/concerns so hopefully he'll send something back! I'm actually surprised he didn't respond b/c he almost always responds to every email I send out, even to just say he's not interested. Don't know? I also didn't hear back from the other guy at all. That's also interesting as he almost always sends some type of response back too. I hope my email isn't screwing up!

This week was pretty tough for me at my real job. I was just in a funk all week, crabby, hating being there (even though I don't hate my job), etc... It's really hard to go to work when you, at times, despise it so much. It's like I'm bitter at my JOB because I have to work. Isn't that pathetic? Like it's my jobs fault that I have to work?! ha, ha. It sounds pretty funny when I type it out though! In the end I'm always very thankful that I even have a job in these times and I know it will pass (which is what I told myself all week). Still, it's hard...

Real estate front... HUD delayed my Feb 11th closing 2 weeks. Yeah, someone forgot to pay a bill and closing is now delayed. This is going to totally SCREW up my timing for all my other closings. Urrrgh. Seriously? You've had 45 days to pay the bills?!?! Of course, that really pissed me off too.

Another HUD came back on the market last week that I totally wanted a month or two ago. This is the property I thought I had in my back pocket but it ended up being sold in the 1st day open to investors to an o/o. It looked like there was a type of bidding war in the o/o week so I didn't even have a chance. Anyhoo, it's back and I can bid on Monday. I'm hoping I have a shot at it this time since it wasn't re-sent out in the mls. It was just re-listed on their website. We'll see, I don't have my hopes up but it would be a phenomonal deal!

The BIGGEST thing that happened occurred yesterday. I sent my realtors broker an email with the FIRST sentence saying I hadn't discussed the following with Michelle yet. I basically said that I took my realtors test, didn't send in the paperwork yet and IF I decided to send it in could I hang my license at his brokerage? Pause: I didn't go to Michelle's broker to go around her back in any way I just wanted to get his thoughts before discussing with Michelle. It was very hard for me to bring it up to her b/c I enjoyed working with her so much AND I know I made her a lot of money... consistantly (or semi-consistantly). Continue: He sent me an email saying he discussed it with Michelle, no hard feelings and he wants to have a meeting with me next week. My first reaction was, "WHAT?! You asshole, I wanted to tell her I was getting my licese!" Why? Because I didn't want HER to think I was going around her back. At any rate, I know I'm rambling, everything is fine between everyone and I have a meeting with her broker next Thursday. Hopefully all will turn out well since I'll still want her to list most of my properties for sale.

We are headed to the Wisconsin Dells this weekend for a long indoor waterpark "getaway". I soooooo need it! I can't wait to spend some quality time with my husband and kids! I'm leaving work today at noon and taking Monday off - WOO HOO!

Everyone have a great weekend and we'll talk next week : )

1 comment:

Shae said...

Hope you enjoyed your trip! An indoor water park? Very cool! :-) No such thing in Florida (for obvious reasons)!