Friday, February 12, 2010

Purchase/updates

The waterpark was great fun last weekend. My 5 year old went on ALL the watersides except 2. I was very proud of her. She loved the "roller coaster" waterslide that goes very, very fast. She'll be on all of them next year. My 3 year old just wanted to hang out in the baby pool. She didn't want anything to do with the waterslides.... she didn't like the water in her eyes : )

Anyhoo, finally got an email back from my first potential private money guy and, basically, he wasn't interested. I'm sure I went about it all wrong but I'm proud of myself for even putting it out there! I ordered the private money blueprint system today. It took me a couple of weeks to swallow the price but I KNOW it is what I need. I'm getting shot down right and left by the banks for more reasons than one (I don't have the energy to go through them right now). Since I already have 3 HUD's in the pipeline I cannot bid on anymore. Why? Because no one else will provide a custom HUD pre-approval letter for me. Frustrating. Soooo, I need to get some private funds lined up so I can start really moving along. I'm hoping to have the system before next weekend so I can have some idea how this works. My mom is coming up to visit and I wanted to talk about it with her a little, even though I know she'll tell me to talk to my dad. She is then going down to FLA to visit friends and I want her to put the bug in their ears too. Again, not sure about the approach but... I want to get moving.

I have been thinking about who I know with money and, surprisingly, I think there are quite a few people I know with some extra cashola. The main reason why I'm a little gunshy about asking family is b/c my brother had people invest in a couple of his ideas and they lost money. A lot of money. I know they will not lose money with me but I'll have to convince them, I'm sure!

This weekend we are going to see 2 REO's (non HUD). Both are priced extremely well so we need to check out their condition. I figure I can just use a basic pre-approval for these and hopefully have them sold prior to closing. What a concept!!

The HUD we are closing 2/23 has a few very interested parties. Three people from Craigslist want to go through and one of my buyers just called again today about it. Hopefully we'll have a buyer on this one quickly!

Looking to buy Sean Stephensons book for Steph's book of the month. I have not gotten around to it yet. It's on my "to do" list.

Okay, gotta run. You all have a great weekend!!

No comments: