Monday, December 14, 2009

Closings, contracts and Christmas

We are set to close our HUD property next Monday which is about 2 weeks earlier than our contract states. Yeah!

We got another HUD property under contract. Yeah! This is the one my husband went to look at a week ago. Apparently it has new vinyl windows, new siding, new high efficiency furnace, newer roof, etc. Sounds like just some carpet, paint and appliances on the inside. We will probably close on this one next February.

We're also looking at another HUD (you're shocked, I know) and just trying to get our price. I've been watching this one for quite some time and they are just not coming down to where we need to be... My agent just sent me some updated sold comps and the two lowest are $60k & $73k, then go from $118k - $173k. We are looking to get the property for no more than $55k.

I did not go to Steve's event last week. Jodi, if you're reading this did you go? The snow was insane by me on Wednesday and I didn't go to work. Thursday I was concerned about the wind/drifting/ice on the expressway. Urrggh. Another one missed. Hopefully there will be another one soon!

I got most of my Christmas shopping done this past weekend. I always say I'm not going to wait this long to shop and inevitably I always do... and get frustrated! It's crazy out there!

3 comments:

Shae said...

You're on FIRE lady! Congrats on getting the HUD under contract! I'm going to make some REO offers this week in hopes that the bank is feeling extra motivated to dump some properties :-)

Steph said...

I'm just going to start calling you the HUD lady. :)

Congrats, Eileen!

Eileen-WI said...

Thanks guys! Yeah, about 80% of the deals we did this year were HUD. We just get the best deals from them. The banks very rarely get down to where I need to be before some other yahoo picks it up - at a too high price if you ask me. In the rare instances the property is already priced right we end up getting outbid. I'm very fortunate to have HUD : )