Saturday, March 7, 2009

Condos/Closings/Goals

I have still been going back and forth on buying the next set of condos. I'm very stressed! These are the times I wish my husband was more interested/involved in the business. He is there for me and supports me 100% BUT when I come up against serious decisions like this he is really no help. He will either freak out about the situation OR just say whatever I think is best. We are doing a "One Day Only Sale" for my current set of condos next weekend. We'll see what happens with those. Since I am leaning towards following through with the next set of condos, my exit strategy will be lease/option. This makes me really nervous. I listened to Gerald and Williams call again yesterday about owner financing and it gave me a little hope. I think I am so nervous because I have never done it and do not really know where to start. Doesn't everyone start there?? : ) I do have a book that I've read and will re-read this weekend. I will also re-read Williams Ultimate Sub2 Guidebook since I think there is some owner financing info in there. He just purchases Sub2. Anyhoo, some days I'm excited about it and others I'm a nervous, stressed out wreck. If I only had 1 or 2 to worry about then that would be OK but I may have 4. I think that's why I'm stressed.

On to more uplifting news... My Twin Lakes property is closing early. Instead of 3/31 we are closing Thursday, 3/12. He is a cash buyer. I'll have to see if he is looking for anything else in the near future. I have that Silver Lake property closing in April and that is just up the road from Twin Lakes. I also have my Elkhorn property closing a week from Monday, 3/16. YEAH!

We only submitted 1 offer this week. I have a few I want to look at but need to find the time and, quite frankly, my heart really isn't in it at the moment. I feel like I'm just going through the motions. This business is so up and down and I'm on a down turn right now. No biggie, I'll go back up soon!!

I completed 1 goal today. I straightened up my office. It is by no means completely done but boy or boy there is a HUGE difference. I also got everything together (mostly) to get my taxes done. I can't find a HUD closing statement on my second set of condos - weird? I hope I can get a copy from the title company -- hold the phone -- I just found it! ha, ha. I also need 2 invoices for the pre-hab we did over the summer. One was a friend of ours and another was for the floors. I think the floor guy sent me an invoice but I can't find that. I'm going to go through my stuff again and see if it's there. For me, only losing 1 thing is pretty good. I know, that's not saying too much is it?! Hey, just being honest.

I am following up on another goal early next week and that is to call local banks to see if I can find one who does not require 20% downpayment. I listened to Nate/Steph/Steve's phone call about local banks the other day. I'm going to apply what I heard.

One other goal I forgot about (oops, I'm not reading them every day) is calling the "For Rent" signs/Ads. My goal was to call at least 1/week. I need to get on that.

Okay, I'm off to finish dinner.............

1 comment:

Brenna Briggs said...

Could you please contact me (Stephanie) at:

tew@mia.net re rent-to-buy properties you may have in the Delavan-Elkhorn-LG-Darien-Sharon areas...thanks. Timetable is June. Am living abroad now so will need to arrange prior to return. Thanks-Stephanie