Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Closings/Offer/Lost inches : )

We closed our 2 single family properties successfully. The first closing was this past Thursday and the second was yesterday. Neither was a slam dunk as I had hoped but $8k on one and just about $5k on the other. Unfortunately (or fortunately we shall see) I will not be able to use these profits to pay down my debt as it is going directly into the purchase of the next set of condos (god help me). I'm proud of myself for not backing out of the deal but hope I don't lose my pants! If I can get it sold with zero profit OR losing only $2k (EMD amount) I will be happy. With that said, we now have an accepted offer on my current set of condos which makes me VERY happy! This guy is buying both units and is planning on renting them out. My fingers are crossed that this closes successfully b/c I will be seriously screwed if not. I am at a point where I am not as stressed about things since the first condos are under contract. please, please, please.

Anyhoo, we are closing the other condos this afternoon. Afterward I am hoping to take a look at a property that I put an offer on a while ago. It looks like it's come down quite a bit in price. I also have 2 other properties I want in another town. We're going to look at them tomorrow, I hope. Michelle, my realtor, has just been named the #1 real estate agent in Jefferson county. Nice, huh? I'm very excited and happy for her BUT, me being the selfish person I am, she has less and less time for me. She was always so on top of things but now things are sliding, contracts are getting in days later (instead of that day), phone calls/emails are not being returned in a timely fashion, etc. I like her a lot and I couldn't have done things without her but I'm thinking of getting myself certified again. We'll see...

Onto unrelated REI. Still working out - about 3 - 5 times/week. Only lost 2 pounds but measured myself this weekend and lost about 3.5 inches total. Not a TON but it was something so I am happy!

Gotta run... Hope everyone has a great St. Patty's Day!

3 comments:

Shae said...

You go girl! This is good stuff Eileen! I have get back into exercising and improving my eating habits. I lost 40 pounds before getting pregnant with my last daughter but since giving birth last year I haven't been focused on losing the weight again!

On the REI front, $13K sounds pretty decent payday to me for probably a few hours work!

I actually need to go back and read your blog from your beginning days. I think I'll find it both interesting and inspiring.

Eileen-WI said...

Yeah, I'm trying to lose weight AND just plain get healthy. I want my kids to have a healthy, active mom! You know, be an inspiration!!

The payday was GREAT, don't get me wrong. With the properties/locations I thought they would be snapped up like nobodys business.

I think I need to re-read my blog too and see how much progress I've made. There is still a long way to go but I'll get there... eventually!

Steph said...

Congrats Eileen- on the deals and the inches!