Friday, December 19, 2008

Written Offer

We got an offer on the condos from the guys that bought our first set of condos - Yah! We only have one sticking point right now. When I sent out the email 2 nights ago I stated the buyer would be paying closing costs (I paid at the last closing). I did this b/c I paid more for these condos and I know I'm giving a great deal. Anyway, these 2 guys jumped and wrote the offer w/in 24 hrs however they are asking me to pay closing costs. I'm trying not to get too greedy but if they want the properties they should pay closing costs, right? I hate to lose the sale but, really, I'm giving these away. AND, the dingbat of a realtor told MY realtor that if/when I buy the rest of the units in the complex he wants to buy them from me. Cool. This makes me think they will pay closing costs too.

Anyway, there are 2 other pair of condos bank owned (Wachovia & HSBC). Neither is listed yet so I'm in the process of trying to get to the right people at the bank. I can't STAND waiting on hold and am sooo glad I do not do short sales any more. Maaan, that was just not a good fit for me. Anyhoo I need to get back on the horn and see if I can reach the right people at the bank. If anyone reading this good contacts for me please let me know.

Oh yeah, I had to stay home from work today b/c we got a foot of snow and it's expected we'll get another 3-5" tomorrow. We have to drive to IL tomorrow for a Christmas party, should be loads of fun!

Have not heard back on the property where the bank wanted to "negotiate". I know ALL banks want to negotiate but it's just so funny having the listing agent actually verbalize it. Maybe he gets a lot of people walking away from the first counter?

No comments: