Monday, December 22, 2008

To pay or not to pay, that is the question

I got a call from my buyer on Friday (for the condos) b/c he wants to look at another property I have under contract. This is one of my HUD properties. While on the phone I told him we were countering their offer for them to pay closing costs. We discussed the situation and decided to split the closing costs. I decided to keep greed at bay, get a signed contract, close and move on to the next property. What is that saying? A quick nickel is better than a slow dime? Something like that? Anyway, hopefully he'll purchase the other property too and I'll be closing 2 in January. That would be a first for me! Closing 2 properties in 1 month. One day I'll be closing 2 properties in 1 week OR 1 day. Baby steps...

We have another 3 - 5" of snow coming tomorrow. I just love Wisconsin!

2 comments:

Shae said...

Congrats Eileen! I agree 100% that the quick nickel is preferred!You'll have lots more properties after this so might as well just keep these moving. Here's wishing you 2-3 closings every month in 2009!

Take care,
Shannon

Eileen-WI said...

Thanks Shae! Let's hope I have a lot more properties in the coming year! I've got big plans : )