Friday, September 24, 2010

Roots and Fruits

Todays post is going to be about my 'take aways' from Bob's bootcamp last week. First let me say that it was awesome. Each and every day I picked up a new tip or trick to apply in my market. Throughout the bootcamp Bob would pick someone's city and go through the mls to determine the opportunity market. It was great to watch him siphon through all the information! One example Bob used was Milwaukee (which was great for me!!). In all of about 30 minutes Bob was able to, pretty confidently, determine an area he would be buying/selling right now. It was really cool to watch. Actually, just the other night I was involved in a conference call with Bob and Mark to record Bob going through Milwaukee's mls and determining an opportunity market. Every time I watch him go through the process I learn something else so I highly recommend you watch when posted. In fact I will post here if allowed.

Okay, the main 'take away' for me was to focus on my roots and not my fruits. I know many of you already do this but, for me, I have been focusing on the end prize - that elusive deal! For now I really need to focus on learning my new market. I already have confidence in my current market and will be watching that as well. I also want to focus more on my health and family. All that weight I lost a few months ago (which wasn't a ton but...) I have gained back. Crap! I just feel so "all over the place" and unfocused at times which leads me into my second 'take away'....

Well, not so much a 'take away' but a commitment to ask Brian Meidam to coach me through this next stage of my REI career. I am going to be calling him this afternoon so I will update later. As I stated above, I feel as though I am not as focused as I should be if I want my end date to be next August. I need to get my act together.

Some other 'take aways' were realizing that everyone in this field has their ups and downs and no matter how long you do this, you still can make mistakes. That was really good for me to hear. I feel like I make some type of mistake on every transaction! Of course, I learn from that mistake but sometimes I put too much pressure on myself to make things "perfect".

Outside of learning how to determine a new opportunity market, the above 'take aways' were the most important to me. Of course, I met some really awsome people along the way from all over the country. Some were newbies but most were experienced investors and all had great information to share!!

My flight took off from Las Vegas at 1am Sunday morning so we were able to spend Saturday night on the town in Vegas. It was a great ending to a great bootcamp!! I would highly recommend attending one of Bob's seminars. He actually has one coming up in November but do not know the dates. If interested, please let me know.

Okay, I'm off to call my new coach (hopefully!)...

6 comments:

Shae said...

Hey Eileen, sounds like the bootcamp was awesome -- no surprise there! Thanks for sharing those great takeaways.

I didn't realize Brian Meidam was in Wisconsin. Cool.

Have a great weekend!

Eileen-WI said...

It's funny because I have referred Brian to many people for transactional funding but never thought to refer him to myself! :-) Bob was the one who suggested it and I thought it was a fantastic idea!! We didn't connect yesterday but will next week.

Kelly said...

Glad to hear you are fired up and ready to go! Bootcamp was jam packed with info as usual!

Vegas was a blast, Thank you!! 17 Woo hoo!! :)

Exciting stuff ahead!!

Eileen-WI said...

Yep, I am fired up and want to get on track to my ultimate goal!!

Goooo 17!!!!

Sharon Vornholt said...

Eileen - You have taken the most important step. You have DECIDED! When you decide and set a date, you are on your way to success. We'll be rooting for you.

Eileen-WI said...

Thanks Sharon. I will be working very hard towards my ultimate goal!!