Friday, September 3, 2010

Property Inspection Report

Hello blogosphere! How is everyone doing on this rather chilly September afternoon?? I am doing peachy. I am on the verge of a long weekend and one of my co-workers took my call for the weekend! Yippy (as my 4 year old would say)!!

Okay, how did the inspection go on our new HUD property?! Not good : (
It ends up the foundation (it is a slab) is deteriorating and the cost to repair would be too great. According to my contractor it is basically a tear down. CRAP! This would have been a VERY nice payday. Oh well... on to the next.

Another property I've been watching came down $10k this week for a LP of $54.9k. We resubmitted our offer of $42k and they countered at $53.9k. WOO HOO they came down a whole $1k!! Nowe we're getting somewhere. Urgh. I countered at $45k, which is my best and final, and I have not heard anything yet. Quite frankly I'm pretty sure they will reject. I would be shocked if they accepted but I suppose stranger things have happened? Seems like the banks are really sticking to their guns around here. I know it's a numbers game but all the REO offers I've made get rejected on the 2nd counter. BUT, I keep submitting just to annoy them : )

I committed to having a property under contract by the end of August for Steph's 30 day challenge and I failed. I was damn close but failed nonetheless. I read her blog today and it seems to me that I get a "do over" heehee. I will have AT LEAST one property under contract by the end of September (and for personal reasons will be shooting very hard for 2 under contract).

For the past 2 months I have been trying to determine my target market according to Bob's KISS Flipping program and have failed at that too. I keep going round and round on the mls, researching different counties, trying to find trends and I am just not seeing anything. I'm sure they're THERE right in front of my eyeballs but I'm not connecting the dots, ya know? It's very frustrating for me! I'm going to re-listen to that module and hope something else pops out to me. I feel like I am on the verge of something big and WANT to take that leap! The bootcamp is in 2 weeks and I can't wait! Although I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about the travel part....

Gotta run. Everyone have a great holiday weekend!!

2 comments:

Shae said...

Hey Eileen, I needed a do over too girl! LOL! You'll get that next contract soon! I like those offers you're doing in the $40K range :-)

Eileen-WI said...

Still haven't heard back on the one we offered $45k on... hmmmm?!