Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The ink has dried!

The closing on the "water house" went smoothly last week while I was on vacation. I don't think anything beats making money while on vacation, right? I would like to do more of that : )

We also closed on the "auction house" last week to purchase. As a reminder I used a private lender to fund this deal. Yesterday we got a signed contract from one of my buyers to purchase this house. The closing date is set for September 15th but he would like to close sooner if possible. I guess it depends on his lender. This guy is pretty solid so if I have to wait until the 15th, that is not a problem. Again, this is not a slam dunk but it's still a decent payday for no work!

The "A-hole" house is being rehabbed - well - more like spruced up. It is being painted, hardwoods refinished, basement waterproofed, new carpet, etc. It's still not back on the market though. If I do not lose money on this deal it will be a miracle. Miracle. That's all I will say here...

The "rental house" is on the market with only 2 showings, which are tonight. Urgh. If I have to rent the place out again I will, or do a lease option, but I do not want to rent or LO if possible. Throughout this past year when I had problems at the house/concerns with my tenants I completely lost focus on submitting offers/keeping up with listings. In other words I either focused completely on my rental or completely on flipping houses. This is one of the major reasons I want to sell! It is not in my makeup to be a landlord (as I have stated a kagillion times in the past) but it is also because of my lack of focus on what is more important to me. We shall see what happens in the next month or two. I must say that I am really curious to hear the comments from the prospective buyers. Hopefully it will give me some insights on what I should do to the place to get it to sell.

I put in 2 very solid non-HUD offers late last week. One came back with a counter that was $500 under list price (which is $65.5k). WTF? My offer was $42k, no contingencies, $4k EMD and 2 wk close. The property has been on the market for 3 months and I'm not really sure why it hasn't sold yet? My counter back was $47k and $5k EMD. That is my highest and best so we'll see what they say? **UPDATE** I just got an email saying they rejected my offer. Wha wha wha... That really bums me out. I thought I had a good shot at this one!! It seems to me that having a cash offer/quick close doesn't mean diddly squat to the banks, at least here in my neck of the woods.

I still haven't heard back from the other offer. Last month I submitted an offer on the house and they flat out rejected the offer. Hrmph. This time I took out the inspection clause and upped the EMD. Again, haven't heard anything...

We also put in a bit on a HUD property that came back on the market. Haven't received my counter yet. There is another property (Fannie Mae) that is priced perfectly (unless the inside is all tore up) but it's only open to o/o's right now. I think I will be able to submit an offer next week if it's not gone?

I need to get another property under contract by the end of the month!! This is why I'm trying to make my offers as strong as they can possibly be!

I need to get going so everyone have a wonderful week!

2 comments: